I think my snapchat is hilarious.
I think my snapchat is hilarious.
Favourites: The Spawning Pool by Vincenz
Very cool tank with beautiful emersed corner. Just perfect for the office, right? More info and pictures here.
Check out my awesome living room tropical terrarium! I built it myself and bought windows from Home Depot. It was very inexpensive and has lights and a humidifier on timers.
Edit: yes, there is a fan for circulating air. Plant matter is half carbon, which oddly comes from air in the form of CO2. They take the C and return the O2. Plants FTW.
Edit: Yes, the windows slide up like the house windows that they are. I pull them up, put in a prop stick and then I do Maintenance while standing inside. Not bad other than forest floor feet on the way out. :/
The “Island Vessel Vivarium” is a terrarium inside an aquarium. Designed by artist Alberto J. Almarza, show-cased at the Geek Arts / Green Innovators Festival in April 2010. Glass blower: Pittsburgh Glass Center.
"As a passionate nature lover, there is nothing more gratifying than observing this active and thriving little ecosystem as if seen through a magnifying glass." ~Almarza
Living ingredients include moss, violets, a spider, and a centipede for the terrarium, and for the aquarium: Java moss, banana plant, barnacles, ghost shrimp, and zebra danios.
Hynobius dunni. A shot of their tank and a few rare shots of one of the inhabitants.
Tank update pic!
Moved some rocks around again, added another “tree” , added alternanthera renickii, pruned dwarf hygrophila.
I have spotted some larvae swimming and hunting along the bottom. I have been giving the adults floating foods to avoid babies getting eaten.
I like this tank a bit more every time I tweak it.
Sometimes I draw random lolitas from /cgl/.
Idk I like to make them weird sometimes because between you and me all lolitas/cosplayers/nerds are weird.
Read the FULL ARTICLE
- Independent researchers have measured alarmingly high levels of radiation on the beaches of the west coast.
- According to Oceanus Magazine, the total amount of cesium-137 that has been released into the Pacific Ocean from Fukushima is 10,000 to 100,000 times greater than the amount released into the oceans by the Chernobyl disaster or by the atmospheric nuclear weapons tests of the 1960s.
- Former MSNBC host Cenk Uygur has admitted that while he was at MSNBC he was instructed not to warn the public about the radiation coming from Fukushima…
- 71 U.S. sailors who assisted with the initial Fukushima relief efforts have developed serious diseases such as testicular cancer, thyroid cancer, Leukemia, “unremitting gynecological bleeding” and brain tumors since that time as a result of exposure to radiation coming from Fukushima.
- Something is causing starfish all along the west coast of the United States to literally disintegrate into piles of “white goo“…
- Bald eagles are dying in unprecedented numbers in Utah, and nobody can figure out why this is happening…
- Huge numbers of dead birds are dropping dead and washing up along the coastlines of Alaska. It is being reported that many of the carcases of the dead birds are “broken open and bleeding”.
- The recent deaths of thousands of birds in Oregon is absolutely baffling scientists.
- Something is causing large numbers of seals and walruses up in Alaska to lose hair and develop “oozing sores”.
- Substantial numbers of polar bears along the coast of Alaska are suffering from fur loss and open sores.
- There is an epidemic of sea lion deaths along the California coastline.
- The population of sockeye salmon along the coastlines of Alaska is at a “historic low”.
- Something is causing Pacific herring to bleed from their gills, bellies and eyeballs.
- Dangerous levels of cesium-137 have been discovered in mushrooms and berries grown along the west coast.
- According to an absolutely shocking report put out by the National Academy of Sciences, it has been proven that Pacific Bluefin tuna have transported radioactive material “across the entire North Pacific Ocean”…
they saw the opportunity
and they fucking seized it.